What should I pack for my trip to Mazatlán?
- Sun block to prevent sunburn
- Cool clothing such as T-shirts, shorts, Bermudas.
- Nice casual clothing for dining-out and nightclubbing.
- During the winter, you might need a light sweater or windbreaker for wearing during the evening.
- Two swimsuits.
- A backpack to take along during day trips or tours.
- Water sandals and comfortable shoes.
- Walking shoes and beach sandals.
- Camera and/or video camera
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Large zip-lock bags for dirty and/or wet clothing, or for keeping electronic equipment safe from water and sand.
When is the best time to travel to Mazatlán?
We suggest you always check the local weather before traveling. Most of the year Mazatlán´s weather is comfortably warm, ideal for enjoying our beaches and taking long walks on our boardwalk.
What advice can you give us during our stay? For greater safety:
- Always ask about public transport prices beforehand
- Don´t buy tours from salespeople on sidewalks
- Don´t accept "Free Breakfast" invitations
- Always ask hotel personnel or a certified tour guide for advice on local activities
- Always keep your valuables in the hotel´s safety deposit boxes
- Eat foods that are fully cooked
- If you´re unfamiliar with the area, stick to the tourist areas
- Take a ride on an open-aired Pulmonía vehicle
Is there anything important that we should know about the beach?
- Do not go into the water if a red flag is displayed. It means there are strong undercurrents and/or jellyfish.
- Don´t go swimming in the ocean immediately after eating or drinking.
- If you don´t know how to swim, go no further than waist-deep into the ocean.
- Don´t go too far-in from the shore.
- Make sure you can see a lifeguard in the surrounding area
What activities are a must?
- Take a walk along the boardwalk, preferably early morning or late afternoon (after 6:30pm)
- Visit Stone Island
- Visit the Historical Center
- Visit the Aquarium
- Enjoy our sunsets
- Visit a seafood restaurant
- Watch the cliff divers
When can I find the best rates?
May, June, September and October, when there are no long weekends or holidays. During high season, the earlier you book the better rate you´ll get.
Which important phone numbers should I have with me during my stay in Mazatlán?
- Emergency 066
- Car emergency on Highway 078
- Ministry of Tourism 981 88 83
- Port Authority (Boats and ships) 982.36.11
- Airport Customs 982.24.61
- Consumer Protection Agency 982.52.08
- Public Prosecutor´s 5th Precinct for tourist-related crimes 914 32 22
- U.S. Consulate 916 58 89
- Canadian Consulate 913 73 20
- The Red Cross 065
- Firefighters 068
- City Highway Patrol 983 28 16
- Preventive Federal police 980 68 80
- Electric Power Company 071
Normal tipping in restaurants is between 10 and 15% of the total bill. Tipping for Bell Boys usually runs from 20 to 50 pesos, and 50 pesos for room cleaners.
What safety precautions should I take during my stay?
- If bringing your own vehicle, don´t drive under the influence of any substance.
- If you plan to use a credit card, always ask for your copy of the voucher
- Never take all your cash with you when you leave the hotel
- Don´t stay out after 2:00 am